Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Six & Seven - Birthday weekend at the Beach.

A long awaited personal post... 
My Boys are growing up!!!
Zanax Please!!!
*****************************

Who goes to the beach in February?
Well, we do.
As I am sure a lot of folks do when you live only 4 hours away.  Plus it seemed like a great way to spend a birthday weekend for the boys who birthdays are 12 months and 5 days apart respectively.  January 31st for my now 7 year old Evan and February 5th for my now 6 year old Ryan.

EVAN


RYAN


We have always done their birthday celebrations together which is nice and since they both fall in the dead of winter it is fun to knock em out (er, I mean celebrate) at the same time.  I hope this tradition continues for as long as I can get away with it. Being a twin myself (and always having someone to share a birthday with) was pretty special to me growng up.  I hope the boys see it that way too.

This year we headed south of our home town Charlotte, NC.  Surfside Beach, SC was our destination.  Surfside sits south of Myrtle Beach and is within just a few miles of Murrells Inlet. I had never been to Murrell's Inlet before and I just loved it to pieces  Really I think it may be my new favorite place to visit.  The Holiday Inn we stayed in was oceanfront and we even got lucky with the weather.  I will let the pictures do the rest of the story telling..  I truly hope the boys had as much fun as I did.  It was one of those trips that I know I will look back on fondly and be glad we did as a family.

View From our room


Had fun watching these guys get there wind surfing figured out..

Okay, I just thought this was cool...  It is part of an outside Tiki Bar with cool lights and decor..  I may have just liked the shiny colors...

Bribed the Hubby for a picture of me with the boys.  As a photographer I am learning I am NEVER in the shot.  Thanks Hubs!!


My sweet and beautiful Ryan.

And here he is oh so serious...  A rarity...

Great place for lunch and a few beers.

 
A perfect wake up for the second day.  Just hanging watching a movie to get the morning started off right...



Broadway at the Beach and some FUN rides!!!




Strawberry Shakes.  Two thumbs up.

Yup, bribed the hubby again for one more pic...

There goes Ryan and Daddy....

Pier in Myrtle..  Can you see the cold front coming on???

Still time to play..

And Play...

And PLAY!!

The day we had to leave...  One more view picture.  Can you see the faint sun beams shining down on the water.?  It was beautiful.

Blessed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment